Conscious Cannabis Participation Information
Conscious Cannabis Participation Information
Welcome! We are excited to share this beautiful experience with you and your friends. Please read all the information below before attending your first experience, including the required forms. We are here to support you in this transformational process and welcome all questions. Conscious Cannabis Events are safe, sacred and legal psychedelic experiences that use cannabis in an intentional setting to elicit amazing results. We want you to feel as comfortable, prepared, and ready for your experience as possible
The location is provided to participants, and is a beautiful private yoga studio near Boulder, Colorado. You should receive an email with the event location after your ticket or session purchase. Please contact us if you don’t receive this email.
A Designated Driver is required to imbibe cannabis. To ensure the safety of all participants, a designated driver for your ride home is required to attend the event and imbibe cannabis. Cannabis consumption is optional. No other substances are allowed at the event.
Taxi Services: zTrip.com, lyft.com and uber.com.
CCE Participation Agreement Form & Safety Self-Assessment
A Conscious Cannabis Experience can be just as evocative as other psychedelic substances. These experiences are very safe when the right preconditions are present, so it is important to be honest with yourself about your readiness. A private, or small group session may sometimes be more appropriate than our community events. Contraindications (reasons not to attend) include, but are not limited to, pregnancy and serious physical health problems such as cardiovascular problems, severe hypertension, recent surgery or fractures, acute infectious illness, epilepsy, severe mental illness such as severe/acute anxiety or other mood disorders, psychosis, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, acute/unprocessed trauma and PTSD, acute addictions, suicidal ideation/self harm and tendencies for disruptive behavior.
Use our Psychedelic-Cannabis Safety Self-Assessment to make an informed decision. An optional 30-minute safety evaluation can be scheduled for $100. We are happy to answer simple questions through email correspondence as well.
Conscious Cannabis Experiences are very safe but are not for everyone. The CCE Participation Agreement is our Full Disclosure Form and must be signed in order to participate. You are required to complete it for your first event and then will only once a year after that. Sign your required forms.
What to Bring
- Yoga mat
- Eye covering
- Clean, unclogged pipe/vape and lighter (we will have extra pipes if you don’t have one)
- Water bottle with top.
- Journal/art supplies.
- Drivers license or ID (to verify 21+) *
- A small symbolic offering (such as a small stone, etc. that you’re okay letting go of but has some meaning to you). These are used to create Community Mandala art pieces.
- Cannabis: 0.5-1.0 grams of high quality cannabis flower.
Cannabis Strain Recommendations
We have specific recommendations from local Boulder recreational and medical dispensaries. Sometimes sponsors of private events provide the medicine.
If you wish to bring your own, here are some general recommendations:
- Your favorite strain. You can’t go wrong with choosing your favorite strain for these experiences. It is your favorite for a reason and we trust that.
- Combine 1/2 favorite sativa with 1/2 favorite indica.
- Combine 1/3 favorite sativa, indica and hybrid.
- Share with friends at the event. Bring your favorite and trade for another’s favorite. Community blends are great.
- Read Daniel’s book Psychedelic Cannabis: Breaking the Gate for more information on creating a Psychedelic Cannabis blend.
Cannabis Fasts – Recommended but not Required
We recommend taking what we call a “Cannabis Fast” before attending a Conscious Cannabis Event. Just a day or two, especially the day of, can make a difference. Some choose to take a fast for a week or more. It’s your choice. There are also appropriate reasons to use cannabis on a daily basis, one example being pain management. If cannabis is being used to treat a medical condition, it is not necessary to take a cannabis fast before attending a session or event to have a full Psychedelic Cannabis experience.
Non-Smoking Cannabis Alternatives
Some participants prefer to bring a non-smoking or non-vaping alternative to their experience, such as an edible, tincture or oil, or have asked about using smokable concentrates. Due to factors related to concentrates and edibles, pre-approval is required. You must have already experienced and be comfortable with the edible and dosage you wish to consume before doing so at an event, and when you take the medicine will be at a different time than others in the group so discuss this with your practitioner.
Cannabis and the Law
Conscious Cannabis Events are private, invitation only events. According to the Colorado NORML publication, The Responsible Consumer’s Guide to Marijuana in Colorado, “Private vs. Public: The Colorado constitution protects private marijuana use, so you can consume openly at a residence or outdoors on a porch or balcony as long as the property owner allows it. Marijuana cannot be consumed openly and publicly, such as on streets and sidewalks, or in public parks. Localities may have their own regulations on where you can consume, so you should check local laws first.”
Online Psychedelic Cannabis Journey Sessions-Preparation Guide
- You will need a reliable internet connection for the distance session done via Zoom. I’ll send you a link.
- Computer audio can work or some small speakers. Headphones are preferred when speakers are not available and sound quality will vary depending on headphone quality. Please set up your device with video on, positioned so that you are in view while you journey and with enough light in the room that you remain visible. This allows me to see you and track for your safety, emotional state, and comfort during your experience. Soft lighting could include candles and lamps.
Preparing your space:
- Make sure you have a private, safe space for the scheduled duration of your journey to avoid distraction and interruption, where you can feel free to cry, scream, laugh, sing, etc… Let those you live with know what you will be doing so that they can respect your healing journey and privacy. Turn off your phone and any sound alerts on your computer; plan not to answer the door.
- For the journey itself, you will need a mat, pad, or blankets on the floor that you can lie comfortably on for the agreed length of your journey, along with any blankets, pillows and/or bolsters to support your comfort. It is important to be low to the floor rather than on a raised bed or couch to allow your body freedom to move and shake as it needs to without fear of falling. Also, make sure there is ample room around your mat for your body to have freedom of movement without hitting corners or hard edges of furniture, walls, etc… Low lighting is recommended and you can have a lightsource handy.
- Clear clutter, clean up, empty trash, open windows to let in fresh air, smudge with sage, sweetgrass or something similar if you like, cover screens or distractions with cloths or tapestries. Remember, you are creating a sacred, intentional and metaphorical space so prepare it accordingly. What are you clearing out? What are you calling in?
- If you would like, set up an altar with sacred objects that help you feel safe, held and connected with something larger. Some options could be crystals, rocks, leaves, feathers, flowers, rattles, drums, candles, sacred pictures or statues of guides or deities, and important people such as ancestors, teachers, etc… (Please note for safety to always make sure candles are in a container and out of the way of your journey space.)
Making the medicine blend:
- Whenever possible, use organic Cannabis sativa flower.
- You can journey with any strain of Cannabis you like, and can certainly experience many benefits and profound experiences during single strain journeys!
- If you choose, you can also prepare an “Alchemy Blend” to heighten the psychedelic potential during the journey. This blend includes equal parts Sativa, Hybrid, and Indica strains and can be 3-12 different strains depending on accessibility. For example, 1 Sativa strain, 1 Hybrid strain, and 1 Indica strain, weighed out in equal measure then ground together using a mortar and pestle or grinder.
- If you have the time to prepare and have access to the material, aging about ½ the indica portion in a large glass jar for 1-3 months will yield CBN (occurs when THC is oxidized) which is another contributing cannabinoid to a psychedelic experience. (This is not necessary but can be an enhancement.) Fun entourage effects with blends!
- Keep in mind that strains high in THC with little to no CBD will likely yield a more potent psychedelic experience. And indica will potentially yield wonderful body awareness.
- Remember most importantly this is about your relationship with the plant medicine ally, Cannabis Sativa. Listen to your body when making the blend and smoking. Smell and taste the flower and notice how your body responds, choose strains you are drawn to, trust yourself. Thank the medicine, enjoy the process and have fun with it. You can’t really go wrong.
Supplies to prepare beforehand and have on hand during the session:
- Ceremonial Items
- Eye Covering
- Snacks for afterwards (Such as chocolate, trail mix, fruit, orange juice, pretzels, tea, etc…) You can prepare these beforehand and have close by for the end of the session.
- Sage or incense
- Essential oils if wanted
- Smoking pipe, vape, or pre-rolled joint
- Cannabis Sativa Flower (*See above for notes on the “Alchemy Blend”)
- Pure CBD flower or nano-encapsulated CBD spray for calming challenging effects of THC, if needed and if you have access.
- Comfortable layers of clothing
- Small trash can with liner in case you need to vomit
- Flashlight if needed to see supplies and the room during low light
- Headache and allergy medicine if needed
- Small first aid kit available