Cannabis-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy™
Did you know that when cannabis is used intentionally and skillfully, it is just as potent as other psychedelic medicines in therapeutic settings?
Our clients commonly report experiences that are as potent and psychedelic as MDMA, Psilocybin, Ayahuasca and even DMT. Psychedelic Cannabis experiences are perfect for people who are curious
about psychedelics but don’t know where to start. They’re also great for experienced psychonauts seeking to deepen their psychedelic practice. As trauma-informed practitioners, we also work with individuals who seek deep, transformational healing. As guides, we work with creative explorers of consciousness and complex problem-solvers, pushing the edges of human potential.
What to Expect from a Cannabis-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy™ Session
Contrary to popular belief, Cannabis sativa is a classic psychedelic. Until recently, however, it just wasn’t grown with the quality, potency, and unique characteristics required to actualize as a reliable psychedelic medicine. The War on Drugs grossly distorted our understanding of cannabis, even within the psychedelic therapy community, and this has limited our perception of what we thought possible. As cannabis legalization sweeps across the country, people are waking up to the incredible potential of this plant.
Clean, well grown, organic cannabis has evolved today to be exceptionally potent with THC levels testing around 25%-30%. When grown properly with care and love, the terpenes of cannabis can produce diverse profiles of fragrance which contribute to the myriad of physiological and psychological effects that this amazing plant is capable of eliciting.
When Cannabis Sativa is worked with as a safe and sacred medicinal tool, it may support us in many healing processes such as: turning inward, resolving tensions stored deep within the body, tracking inner sensations and releasing traumas from the nervous system. Cannabis-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy reframes the cannabis experience as not just a substance to be used in recreational settings and expands upon the ever-increasing medical efficacy being discovered daily. When used in an intentional container with a professionally trained psychedelic guide, this modality deepens the healing and transformational process and makes somatic (body-centered) trauma work more efficient and more effective.
Clients frequently report:
- Extreme body awareness and a synaesthesia of somatic and visual senses
- Active and very visual imaginal experiences and a deep connection with their intuition
- A connection with the sacred, deeply meaningful and transcendent
- A feeling of being very present, lucid and with a sense of agency during experience
- Profound new levels of nervous system regulation and trauma resolution
- Developing a sense of agency in life, feeling more in control of life situations and having more choice
- Feeling a deeper connection with a sense of purpose
The Center for Medicinal Mindfulness works with Cannabis sativa not only because it’s accessible for adults legally, but also because it’s an incredible medicine to combine with in psychedelic therapy.
CANNABIS SATIVA IS THE MOST WIDELY ACCESSIBLE PSYCHEDELIC TOOL
Cannabis is currently the only psychedelic plant medicine available for legal use in psychedelic therapy and psychotherapy settings in the United States, as well as the most accessible. There are no FDA approval processes required, only a novel adaptation of existing medical or recreational cannabis laws, depending on the location. With MDMA and psilocybin years away from a highly regulated medical model form of prescription legalization, cannabis has the potential to become the primary medicine for psychedelic-assisted healing modalities for many years to come, creating a necessary professional bridge to these medicines, and then becoming an equal option to the psychedelic therapies available to us in the future.
Cannabis has an untapped potential to become a perfect medicine for advanced psychedelic therapists to practice with legally, as well as for psychotherapists and other healers inspired to work with psychedelics but not wanting or willing to break any laws.
GENERAL PSYCHEDELIC EFFECTS OF CANNABIS SATIVA:
- Increased awareness of physical body, possibly creating a form of synesthesia that combines our visual perception with proprioception (body awareness), called “Visual Proprioception” in the Medicinal Mindfulness model
- Deep muscle relaxation leading to energetic discharges and trauma resolution, including the activation and clearing of the meridian and chakra channels, facilitating energy movement throughout the body, and profound new levels of nervous system regulation
- Capacity to travel through memory, increased awareness of mental programs, judgments and anxieties leading to resolutions of unhealthy processes
- Deeper awareness of emotional processes and activation of emotional discharges leading to release and healing
- Active dreamlike inner visual experience and clear capacity to imagine in a hyper-vivid inner reality
- Extreme creative problem solving activation and increased connection to intuition
- Transpersonal phenomenon is quite common, such as visitations of entities that feel other than the self (ancestors, guides, angels, totems, etc) and deep spiritual states of being and non-being that more closely resemble unity consciousness and profound connections with the divine
- Regularly activates synchronistic transformational growth experiences in the external (real world) field that must be engaged by the journeyer
- A deep sense of presence, as opposed to being dissociative, or “out there” or “somewhere else”
- Developing a sense of agency in life, feeling more in control of life situations and having more choice, feeling a deeper connection with their sense of purpose
WHO IS PSYCHEDELIC CANNABIS FOR?
Experienced psychonauts who are curious about psychedelic cannabis and want to experience it.
People new to psychedelics who want to journey with a powerful and safe medicine.
People who have tried traditional therapies and have not been satisfied with the results.
People who are suffering from depression, PTSD, anxiety, trauma, and feelings of meaninglessness.
People who want to be trained to safely hold space for others on the healing path.
People who believe in the power of psychedelic medicines to heal trauma on an individual and societal level and want to be part of a larger community that is working towards that goal.
“Groundbreaking and grounded, common sense and liberating…”
“Is a highly reliable botanical psychedelic legally available throughout most of the US? The answer is a resounding “yes,” and the details of that answer reside in this book. As with many discoveries in this field, it began with McQueen’s serendipitous discovery of how, with the proper dose, set, intention, and setting, marijuana can produce the same psychedelic effects that occur with “classical” compounds like DMT and psilocybin. This book provides guidance every step of the way: personal preparation, selection of cannabis strains, methods for “getting enough,” managing the experience, and integration. Most highly recommended!” –Rick Strassman, author of DMT the Spirit Molecule.