Medicinal Mindfulness offers online teletherapy, telehealth and coaching options for clients anywhere around the globe. We offer psychotherapy, consulting, coaching, psychiatry, training, and supervision in both individual and group settings. To ensure privacy and confidentiality we use a HIPAA-compliant video program called Zoom. We invite you to reach out to us at email@example.com to set up an initial consult. We are looking forward to supporting you.
Given the current pandemic it’s especially important for you to stay connected and feel supported through this global transition. Our team of trauma-informed holistically-oriented practitioners is here for you.
ONLINE CANNABIS SESSIONS OPTIONS
Opt-in with download? Distance Psychedelic Cannabis Journey Sessions Preparation Guide
- You will need a reliable internet connection for the distance session done via Zoom. I’ll send you a link.
- Computer audio can work or some small speakers. Headphones are preferred when speakers are not available and sound quality will vary depending on headphone quality. Please set up your device with video on, positioned so that you are in view while you journey and with enough light in the room that you remain visible. This allows me to see you and track for your safety, emotional state, and comfort during your experience. Soft lighting could include candles and lamps.
Preparing your space:
- Make sure you have a private, safe space for the scheduled duration of your journey to avoid distraction and interruption, where you can feel free to cry, scream, laugh, sing, etc… Let those you live with know what you will be doing so that they can respect your healing journey and privacy. Turn off your phone and any sound alerts on your computer; plan not to answer the door.
- For the journey itself, you will need a mat, pad, or blankets on the floor that you can lie comfortably on for the agreed length of your journey, along with any blankets, pillows and/or bolsters to support your comfort. It is important to be low to the floor rather than on a raised bed or couch to allow your body freedom to move and shake as it needs to without fear of falling. Also, make sure there is ample room around your mat for your body to have freedom of movement without hitting corners or hard edges of furniture, walls, etc… Low lighting is recommended and you can have a lightsource handy.
- Clear clutter, clean up, empty trash, open windows to let in fresh air, smudge with sage, sweetgrass or something similar if you like, cover screens or distractions with cloths or tapestries. Remember, you are creating a sacred, intentional and metaphorical space so prepare it accordingly. What are you clearing out? What are you calling in?
- If you would like, set up an altar with sacred objects that help you feel safe, held and connected with something larger. Some options could be crystals, rocks, leaves, feathers, flowers, rattles, drums, candles, sacred pictures or statues of guides or deities, and important people such as ancestors, teachers, etc… (Please note for safety to always make sure candles are in a container and out of the way of your journey space.)
Making the medicine blend:
- Whenever possible, use organic pure Cannabis Sativa flower.
- You can journey with any strain of Cannabis you like, and can certainly experience many benefits and profound experiences during single strain journeys!
- If you choose, you can also prepare an “Alchemy Blend” to heighten the psychedelic potential during the journey. This blend includes equal parts Sativa, Hybrid, and Indica strains and can be 3-12 different strains depending on accessibility. For example, 1 Sativa strain, 1 Hybrid strain, and 1 Indica strain, weighed out in equal measure then ground together using a mortar and pestle or grinder.
- If you have the time to prepare and have access to the material, aging about ½ the indica portion in a large glass jar for 1-3 months will yield CBN (occurs when THC is oxidized) which is another contributing cannabinoid to a psychedelic experience. (This is not necessary but can be an enhancement.) Fun entourage effects with blends!
- Keep in mind that strains high in THC with little to no CBD will likely yield a more potent psychedelic experience. And indica will potentially yield wonderful body awareness.
- Remember most importantly this is about your relationship with the plant medicine ally, Cannabis Sativa. Listen to your body when making the blend and smoking. Smell and taste the flower and notice how your body responds, choose strains you are drawn to, trust yourself. Thank the medicine, enjoy the process and have fun with it. You can’t really go wrong.
Supplies to prepare beforehand and have on hand during the session:
- Ceremonial Items
- Eye Covering
- Snacks for afterwards (Such as chocolate, trail mix, fruit, orange juice, pretzels, tea, etc…) You can prepare these beforehand and have close by for the end of the session.
- Sage or incense
- Essential oils if wanted
- Smoking pipe, vape, or pre-rolled joint
- Cannabis Sativa Flower (*See above for notes on the “Alchemy Blend”)
- Pure CBD flower or nano-encapsulated CBD spray for calming challenging effects of THC, if needed and if you have access.
- Comfortable layers of clothing
- Small trash can with liner in case you need to vomit
- Flashlight if needed to see supplies and the room during low light
- Headache and allergy medicine if needed
- Small first aid kit available