Overview of Psychedelic Therapy and Psychotherapy Services
We are a full service Psychedelic Therapy Center with medical oversight, psychotherapy, spiritual counseling, and professional mentorship services. We are trained psychedelic practitioners here to help support you in your transformational psychedelic experience, from preparation and guiding through integration and beyond.
All of our services and our fees are included on this page for you to review before contacting us, and to refer to as a resource at any time.
Please visit our specialties page for additional information on our practices, and our practitioners page to learn more about our practitioners.
STEP 1 - INITIAL INQUIRY & FREE CONSULTATION
The first step is to fill out our Initial Inquiry Form to let us know a little about your needs and interests. We would love to hear from you and our staff can answer any questions you may have. After you submit the inquiry form, we’ll contact you to set up a free 20 minute call with our Clinical Director, Alison McQueen, MA, LPC, ATR, to discuss our services and to match you with a practitioner. The purpose of this call is to learn more about you, answer questions about our service options, and refer you to a practitioner who best fits your goals and needs.
Akin to working with a psychotherapist, it is easy to start working with us and requires a minimal investment to begin seeing one of our practitioners for ongoing sessions and to begin the preparation process for those interested in psychedelic therapy. We’ll send you our intake form and disclosure statement through our HIPAA compliant client portal as part of our onboarding process and these should be filled out before your first session.
We can also discuss general pricing for different Psychedelic Therapy Protocols (listed below) so you can make an informed decision before any investment.
STEP 2 - INITIAL SUPPORT & PSYCHEDELIC PREPARATION
Some of our clients are looking for short term psychedelic intensives to compliment their ongoing psychotherapy, while others are seeking both ongoing therapeutic support and psychedelic services. We recommend getting to know your practitioner in ongoing sessions for as long as you like. During this time, we are exploring your readiness for psychedelic therapy and preparing you for the experience.
When you are ready, we will send you to our Medical Director, Dr. Alyse Power, for a medical safety evaluation for both Psychedelic Cannabis and Ketamine sessions.
During this time, we’ll also work with you to determine the best Psychedelic Therapy protocol to work with that fits your interest, schedule, and budget.
Ongoing Psychotherapy, Spiritual Counseling & Professional Mentorship
Our center provides short term and ongoing psychotherapy, spiritual counseling and professional mentorship in the field of psychedelic therapy.
In preparation for your first psychedelic sessions, you will meet with your practitioner for 1-3 sessions to help you prepare for the experience. These sessions are an opportunity for you to deeply explore your goals and intentions for the work, learn skills for navigating your psychedelic terrain, develop new strategies to support integration and healing, build rapport with your practitioner, and share your story. Over our ten years in practice, we have found that the more people prepare for their psychedelic sessions, the more they get out of them. We want you to feel safe and resourced going into your first psychedelic sessions.
Initial Medical Safety Evaluation & Follow-Up Medical Care
When psychedelic therapy is recommended, our Medical Director will provide medical oversight throughout the process. This initial evaluation allows our Medical Director an opportunity to review your history, assess for physical safety, and develop a treatment recommendation based on your specific needs. We also determine if cannabis or ketamine are safe for you to use. If at any point in the process it becomes clear to us that psychedelic therapy is not the best path forward, we will work with you in session to determine the best course of treatment with your guide, or with other practitioners outside of our center.
When you’re approved for psychedelic therapy by our Medical Director, we will work with you to develop an initial psychedelic therapy protocol and provide all of the necessary disclosure forms to prepare.
Mental Health Nutrition Support and Microdosing Education
Working with our mental health nutritionist is strongly recommended for clients seeking to eliminate or reduce psychiatric medications, or who have significant clinical concerns, working with addiction, or have eating disorders. Clients interested in what is commonly known as “microdose coaching” are referred to our nutritionist for harm reduction microdosing education, and an overall nutritional assessment.
STEP 3 - PSYCHEDELIC THERAPY & GUIDING
Two-Day or Weeklong Psychedelic Intensives are generally recommended for those visiting from out of town, those seeking short-term support to complement their ongoing therapeutic process, and to begin an ongoing series. Ongoing Psychedelic Therapy is generally recommended for clients who are local only.
Ongoing Psychedelic Therapy sometimes begins with a two-session psychedelic series, then ongoing sessions are held twice weekly, weekly, or twice monthly after that. We’ll work with you to create a schedule that works for you.
Initial Psychedelic Session Preparation
Before any psychedelic experience, our clients meet at least twice with their practitioner (an initial session, and a preparation session), and once with our medical director. Some clients meet with their practitioner on an ongoing basis before stepping into a psychedelic experience. Typically, the preparation session is billed with the package.
Pricing & Scheduling
To simplify our pricing, we’ve grouped sessions into packages that include the psychedelic sessions with preparation, integration, and medical support when working with Ketamine. Prices are based on the Price List of Services below and you’re invited to ask our intake coordinator in your free consultation, and your practitioner about the price of the series you are interested in.
Our prices are similar to standard psychotherapy rates and typical ketamine clinic rates that include psychotherapy. The entire series is scheduled at once to ensure continuity of care, and a half payment as a deposit is required to begin the scheduling process. Payment plans are available for ongoing Psychedelic Therapy.
A Two-Session Intensive is a series of two psychedelic sessions scheduled close together, either with Psychedelic Cannabis or Psychedelic Ketamine. Psychedelic sessions are always paired during an intensive, either two ketamine or two psychedelic cannabis, not one of each. We do not recommend single psychedelic session intensives since so much positive transformation happens in the second session with the same medicine.
We call these “Chapter Turning Experiences” because they can provide immediate support and greater clarity that allows our clients to jumpstart psychotherapy into a new stage of transformation, recover from a difficult life experience, and find new meaning and direction in life.
A Week-Long Intensive is a 5-day process that includes two ketamine experiences and two psychedelic cannabis experiences, with preparation and integration support. These are deep dive transformation experiences for people ready to do significant personal work.
Two-Session Intensives are sometimes conducted at the beginning period of care, and can be repeated to further address significant concerns and for ongoing work. Significant clinical concerns generally require 2-3 two-session intensives to complete a full treatment protocol.
Intensives always include an initial session, at least one preparation session, and at least one integration session.
Examples of Psychedelic Intensives
The session series includes two support sessions for two-day intensives and three preparation and integration sessions for weeklong intensives, as well as medical oversight for Ketamine related sessions.
- Two Psychedelic Cannabis sessions over two consecutive days – 3-hour or 5-hour full psychedelic experiences with preparation and integration support
- Two 3-hour Psychedelic Ketamine Sessions (Intramuscular injections – IM) – over two to four days with preparation and integration support
- Weeklong Intensives include two 3-hour Psychedelic Ketamine IM sessions and two 5-hour Psychedelic Cannabis Intensives, with three preparation and integration sessions (beginning, middle, and end)
Ongoing Psychedelic Sessions
The term “psycholytic” means “psyche enhancing” and is generally a lower dose, and milder psychedelic experience that complements the meditation, psychotherapy, or spiritual practices engaged in the session. “Psychedelic” sessions are stronger, fully immersive psychedelic experiences. Both psychedelic and psycholytic protocols are available for ongoing care.
Local clients who are seeking longer term support through psychedelic therapy, guiding, and ongoing psychotherapy, spiritual counseling, or professional mentorship may choose among several protocols that fit their specific needs. Due to the nature of these experiences, and to ensure continuity of care, we typically begin with a two-session intensive, then schedule an ongoing series of preparation, integration and psychedelic sessions at one time. We also offer payment plans and a scholarship program to increase the accessibility of our services.
Examples of Ongoing Psychedelic Therapy
- Psycholytic Cannabis 4-Session Series – 2 or 3 hour enhanced psycholytic sessions with two 1-hr support sessions
- Psychedelic Cannabis 4-Session Series – 3 or 5 hour full psychedelic experiences with two 1-hr support sessions
- Psycholytic Ketamine for Depression and ongoing therapeutic work with Ketamine Lozenges – 4 or 6-Session Series with preparation and integration support sessions – 2 or 3 hour Ketamine sessions. (Some clients prefer a full three hour for a deep psychedelic experience with an optional 2nd dose, and others prefer a single dose or a milder, shorter, psycholytic 2-hr session. We usually start with 3-hr sessions and drop down to 2-hr sessions if indicated.)
- Psychedelic Ketamine for Depression and ongoing therapeutic work with Intramuscular Injections – 4 or 6-Session Series with 2 or 3 support sessions – 2 or 3 hour Ketamine sessions available. Longer sessions allow for an optional second dose.
STEP 4 - INTEGRATION, COMPLETION & RETURNING
In the days and weeks after your psychedelic experiences, you will meet with your practitioner to integrate your experiences. This is a crucial step in the process and creates the most lasting benefit. During these sessions you will review the content of the sessions, make meaning of them, and work to integrate them into your everyday life. Many clients report that their integration sessions are the richest part of the overall process and are essential to their growth and transformation. We recommend one to three integration sessions after a psychedelic therapy intensive.
We work with you as long as you are called to work with us. This can be short-term, ongoing, or as needed. We invite you to complete your time with us through a final integration session, with an intentional ceremony of gratitude and completion. There’s always an open door for you to return to these practices.
PRICE LIST OF SERVICES
Our treatment protocols are based on the standardized fee structures below, shared here for informed consent purposes. Our office staff can answer questions about the cost of Psychedelic Therapy packages, and you can discuss different options at any time during our intake process.
Initial 20 minute Consultation: FREE
Psychotherapy, Spiritual Counseling, Supervision & Professional Mentorship
- $150/hr – Newer Practitioner Introductory Rate
- $175/hr – Scholarship Rate
- $200/hr – Standard Rate
- $225/hr – Psychedelic Specialist Rate
- $275-$325 – Advanced Psychedelic Specialist Rate
Psychedelic Therapy & Guiding Facilitator Rate (Ketamine requires additional MD support) 2, 3 or 5 hour sessions
- $150/hr – Newer Practitioner Introductory Rate
- $175/hr – Scholarship Rate
- $200/hr – Standard Rate
- $225/hr – Psychedelic Specialist Rate
- $275-$325 – Advanced Psychedelic Specialist Rate
Example Psychedelic Intensives based on Standard Rate (some variations may occur) – Recommended for local and visiting clients
Please note that while our prices are similar to per session rates of many ketamine clinics, we provide longer sessions with continuous specialized support, as well as preparation and integration sessions. Generally, a minimum of two psychedelic sessions are required to maintain best practices. These examples include the one time $500-$600 cost of the initial session with your Psychedelic Therapist and your medical evaluation with our Medical Director (includes $300 for Cannabis Only or $400 for Cannabis and Ketamine). Some clients may want additional preparation and integration support.
*Prices are based on our standard hourly rate. Scholarship rates are available.
- $2,900* – Two-Session Psychedelic Cannabis Intensive (5 hours each day with one preparation and one integration session)
- $2,850* – Two-Session Intramuscular Ketamine Intensive (3 hours each day with psychedelic therapist and MD present and with one preparation and one integration session)
- $5,050* – Weeklong Cannabis-Assisted & Ketamine-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy Intensive (2 5-hr Psychedelic Cannabis and 2 3-hr Ketamine sessions with psychedelic therapist and MD support, and with 3 support sessions – prep/middle/integration)
Example Ongoing Psychedelic Therapy Series for Local Clients based on our Standard Rate (some variations may occur)
- $2,000* – Four-Session Psycholytic Cannabis Series (2hrs each with 2 integration sessions)
- $2,800* – Four-Session Psychedelic Cannabis Series (3hrs each with 2 integration sessions)
- $3,200* – Four-Session Ketamine Lozenge Series (3hrs each with 2 integration sessions)
- $6,150* – Six-Session Ketamine Intramuscular Series (3hrs each with 3 integration sessions) – Closest protocol to standard Ketamine for Depression 6-session protocol in medical ketamine clinics, but with additional support, and longer sessions available
- +$500-$600* – One time Initial 1 hr Session with your Psychedelic Therapist and your Medical Evaluation with our Medical Director before first series to be approved for treatment
Medical Oversight, Initial Evaluation & Ketamine Administration
- $400 – 45 Minute Initial Medical Evaluation to be approved for Ketamine-Assisted and/or Cannabis-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy
- $300 – 30 Minute Initial Medical Evaluation – Psychedelic Cannabis Only
- $200 – 20 Minute Follow up (for additional ketamine prescriptions – after first two sessions for next two to four sessions)
- +$325/session – Ketamine Intramuscular Injection + Psychedelic Therapist Facilitator Rate
- +$100 – Ongoing Medical oversight per Ketamine lozenge session + Psychedelic Therapist Facilitator Rate
Mental Health Nutritional Support & Microdosing Education
- $275* – Initial 1.5 hour nutritional consultation
- $200* – 2 half-hour nutritional consultation follow ups
Cannabis Education & Psychedelic Blend Consulting
- FREE – Initial 30 minute Consultation at Dispensary for first intensive with qualified cannabis consultant
- $125 – Additional 30 minute Consultation at Dispensary with qualified cannabis consultant
- $75 – 30 minute Cannabis Product Consultation by phone
COUPLES & FRIENDS PSYCHEDELIC EXPERIENCES
All of our psychedelic therapy and guiding, psychotherapy, spiritual counseling, and professional mentorship services can be shared with a partner or friend to create an intimate and deeply meaningful journey together. Because you’re paying for our time, the cost is also shared. For simplicity, the fee is multiplied by 1.5x for couples or two friends. Contact us for more information about shared psychedelic experiences for both healing and personal growth.
GROUP PSYCHEDELIC EXPERIENCES
Small private groups of families and friends are deeply meaningful. We can host small groups of 3-5 participants, or medium groups of 6-9 participants in our private psychedelic group space. For simplicity, the fee is multiplied by 2x for groups of 3-5, and 3x for groups of 6-9 due to additional support staff that is required. This space has been specifically designed to facilitate sacred healing experiences with your closest friends and allies.
We are also now offering ongoing clinical psychedelic therapy groups with psychedelic cannabis and ketamine. More information about our group psychedelic experiences can also be found on our Events page.
Participating in ongoing group experiences further reduces the cost of psychedelic experiences by as much as 50%, and our need-based diversity scholarships are available to reduce the cost by an additional 10%-40% on top of this savings, making group experiences our most accessible services.
PSYCHEDELIC THERAPY SCHOLARSHIPS
We offer need-based and diversity scholarships for psychedelic therapy to increase the accessibility of our program, particularly for marginalized communities and those who have a significant financial need. Please complete our scholarship application if you are interested in receiving a scholarship. Scholarships are available for individual and group services.
PRIVATE INTENSIVE RETREATS WITH DANIEL MCQUEEN OR ALISON MCQUEEN
Daniel McQueen, MA, CAPT, author of Psychedelic Cannabis, in addition to writing and facilitating trainings and groups, specializes in guiding short term Psychedelic Intensives for individuals, couples, and groups, particularly 2-3 day and weeklong intensives with accompanying preparation and integration support. Note about pricing: Daniel is currently specializing in groups and training so individual session availability is limited.
Alison McQueen, MA, LPC, ATR, Clinical Director of the Center for Medicinal Mindfulness, is a licensed professional counselor, art therapist, and psychedelic therapist who, is also available for short term intensives for individuals, couples, and groups, as well as ongoing individual psychotherapy and psychedelic therapy.
To set up an initial consultation with either Alison or Daniel to work with us, please contact our office through our initial inquiry form.
Psychedelic Therapy Intensives – Specialist Rates
These examples include the one time cost of the initial session with your Psychedelic Therapist and your medical evaluation with our Medical Director. Some clients may want additional preparation and integration support. Scholarship rates and sliding scale are sometimes available.
- $275 per hour – Professional Counseling, Psychedelic Therapy & Advanced Consulting with Alison McQueen (A)
- $325 per hour – Professional Psychedelic Guiding & Advanced Consulting with Daniel McQueen (D)
- $3,875(A) or $4,525(D) – Two-Session Psychedelic Cannabis Intensive (5 hours each day with one preparation and one integration session)
- $3,525(A) or $3,975(D) – Two-Session Intramuscular Ketamine Intensive (3 hours each day with psychedelic therapist/guide and MD present and with one preparation and one integration session)
- $6,550(A) or $7,550(D)– Weeklong Cannabis-Assisted & Ketamine-Assisted Psychedelic Therapy Intensive (2 5-hr Psychedelic Cannabis and 2 3-hr Ketamine sessions with psychedelic therapist/guide and MD support, and with 3 support sessions – prep/middle/integration)
PAYMENT, RESCHEDULING, AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Due to the intensive nature of psychedelic therapy, our scheduling and payment process is a little different than standard psychotherapy clinics. Payment is required to reserve your dates for initial sessions and medical evaluations. Full payment for a psychedelic package is required to reserve the dates of the series. Payment plans for an ongoing session series are also available.
Sessions within a psychedelic series are booked all at once to best coordinate with your practitioner. This will eliminate any potential pauses in treatment that could occur if you paid as you go as we added additional clients.
60-minute sessions require a 48-hour cancellation notice to reschedule or to receive a refund. Because psychedelic sessions are sometimes a full day to even a full week of work and are harder to reschedule quickly, these sessions require two weeks’ notice to reschedule or to receive a refund for services.
INSURANCE REIMBURSEMENT, SUPERBILLS, & FSA/HSA CARDS
We can accept payments for all of our services through HSA and FSA cards.
We can provide a superbill for psychotherapy services but not medicine-related sessions, and medicine-related services are generally not reimbursable. Some ketamine clinics can reimburse for their services, but this requires a protocol that is very limited under a medical model with typically no surrounding support. We identify as a transpersonal psychedelic therapy center that works with Ketamine and Cannabis, with medical supervision, as full psychedelics.
There also appears to be significant ethical considerations in taking insurance, including the required “pathologizing” of an experience that can often only be described as sacred, beyond positive, and absolutely life transforming.
While we figure out how to navigate the insurance space, a great way to save while receiving a very high quality service is our group experiences found on our Events page. We have clinical as well as celebratory experiences available.
20 Minute Initial Consultation (FREE)
The initial consultation is for our team to get to know you, for you to ask any questions, and to determine if our services would be a good fit for you. After the initial call, the process includes our clinical team reviewing the necessary informed consent forms, intakes and other assessments.